Faces of Pride and small stories about a big holiday, self-acceptance and involvement in Pride Month. Chapter 1

Faces of Pride. Little stories from X-Gender Studio

Once again in June I started thinking about what Pride Month is with its endless Pride Parades and ubiquitous rainbow parties in an individual sense for each of us. For me it's a time of intense work, for others it's a reason to travel to see a specific event like the Berlin Love Parade, a friend of mine argues that there's nothing to celebrate because the way you have sex is a stupid excuse for large-scale events (dude, you celebrate with thousands of people the fact that you just prefer to ride a motorcycle!), but for some John from a small town, this is a reason to take a deep breath, finally announce “I’m gay, my dear parents!”, tell everything to hell and start live an open and happy life.

And here are some stories about why Prides are cool and why a whole summer dedicated to it all is so important. Someone will recognize themselves, and someone will share their experience in the comments. Let's go!


Faces of Pride. Little stories from X-Gender Studio

It sounds very corny, I know, but for me Pride is a time to be yourself and celebrate that. The fact is that until about the age of 20, I was very constrained, complex and had a reputation as a shy and even boring guy. Well, you know, it's when you date girls because all the guys around you are doing it, it's right and not negotiable.

And then one day I went to a house party, where for some reason everything went completely differently. I exuded jokes like a seasoned stand-up comedian, had a lot of fun and even offered to continue the fun somewhere else, noisier and cooler than the house of a friend whose parents had gone to the mountains for the weekend. Later I realized that the reason for such radical changes was Mason, the cousin of that same friend. The gay club turned out to be a noisy place, and then I finally understood why I had changed so much. In short, I consider that night my second birth, the birth of a better version of myself and finding my true self. And also a lesson that it’s better not to get so drunk.

I absolutely believe that being authentic and true to ourselves is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves. Being gay is not just a label or a phase - it is a beautiful and integral part of my identity and I will celebrate it with pride every year.

Liam, 26, Los Angeles


Faces of Pride. Little stories from X-Gender Studio

I love the Pride Parade for many reasons. It is a time and place where I can be my true, authentic self without fear of judgment or discrimination. I feel a sense of belonging and acceptance among a diverse and inclusive community that comes together to celebrate love and equality. Bright colors, live music and a festive atmosphere fill me with joy and strength. Seeing people of all genders, sexual orientations and backgrounds come together to support and encourage each other reminds me of the importance of unity and solidarity. I appreciate the opportunity to celebrate diversity and love in all its forms at the Pride Parade, knowing that I am part of a community that values ​​and celebrates me for who I am.

Christine, 18, Chicago


Faces of Pride. Little stories from X-Gender Studio

I love Pride Parades not because it is loud and boastful, but because it reflects a sense of self-worth and confidence that I have always admired. Because in a world that often tries to break us, pride serves as a beacon of resilience and defiance, inspiring us to love ourselves unapologetically.

John, 21, Seattle


Faces of Pride. Little stories from X-Gender Studio

For me, Pride is openly taking the hand of a loved one and being in a huge company of your own kind. And also to finally stop telling a fairy tale about my truck driver boyfriend to others and lying to my conservative grandmother that my butch girlfriend Brenda is actually Brandon. To me, Pride is a celebration of not-pretending, not sex everywhere, free cocktails and guys in rainbow feathers. Although that too, it's fun!

Sophia, 30, Philadelphia


Faces of Pride. Little stories from X-Gender Studio

Being a queer teenager in a small town usually has a lot of problems, as it always has for me. You often lack understanding and acceptance from others, and at times you can feel isolated and lonely, and even bullied, as I did. For a long time I myself did not accept my oddities and thought that something was wrong with me.

So far, Pride for me is just news from Facebook and pictures from Instagram, but I feel that there is a place for me there too. I’m waiting for me to finish school and go to college in Nashville and I’m sure that a completely different life awaits me, and that my friends from the online LGBTQ+ communities will become real.

Despite all the obstacles and wait times, I am now proud to be LGBTQ. My non-binary identity is just one part of me that does not need to be masked and hidden, and even more so, it is not a mental disorder, as they tried to convince me.

My dual sense of self allowed me to see the world from a different perspective and appreciate the diversity and uniqueness of each person, and ultimately made me stronger and more resilient in the face of adversity.

Nick, 15, Brentwood


Faces of Pride. Little stories from X-Gender Studio

I'm proud of my bisexuality for several reasons. First, I believe that being bisexual allows me to fully embrace my identity without having to conform to society's narrow definitions of sexuality. I feel that my attraction to both men and women is a beautiful part of me and should be celebrated rather than hidden.

Secondly, I believe that being bisexual gives me a unique perspective on relationships, attraction, and interactions with society in general. I understand the complexities of human sexuality and am open and accepting of those who do not fit into traditional categories.

Finally, I see my bisexuality as a way to break down barriers and challenge stereotypes. By being open and open about my sexuality, I hope to inspire others to feel confident in their identity and help build a more inclusive and understanding society.

Adam, 25, Washington




I think your story also has its own interestingness and can become an inspiration for someone and a reason to start being proud of who you are. Share this in the comments, let's make the world a prouder place together!



Subscribe to X-Gender Studio on a social network convenient for you (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter) to support us and not miss anything new: @xgenderstore
Get to know X-Gender Studio: www.xgenderwear.com




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A collection of white LGBTQIA+ T-Shirts from X-Gender Studio for your proud summer look

Checklist: 10 things to do during LGBTQ Pride Summer by X-Gender Studio